I’m stuck at golf camp aka I have no time to do anything except maybe binge watch YouTuber danisnotonfire before bed and not get sleep. So I don’t have a review today. Sorry y’all.
Ha just kidding. I have been forced by the worst person in the world (nah she’s not… Whoops I have revealed her gender) to write this post even though I don’t have time.
Anyways, I have a roommate who has the same music taste as me so there’s usually music playing in our room. So I was inspired to write this post, whether you’re on a car trip or you need to drown out your life, I hope this list of songs can help you.
So now, I present, MY TOP 10 FAVORITE SONGS. As the aforementioned worst person once said, your favorite songs aren’t the ones that you listen to all the time, but the ones that you never get sick of. Or at least I think that’s what she said but I have a memory span of approximately 2 seconds so I don’t actually know.
In no particular order (excluding the first one), only songs with lyrics (or else I would pull all my hair out deciding jk I already have)… Ok I’ll stop stalling now.
1) Hero by Family of the Year. I bet you weren’t surprised. I’m probably impacted by this song a lot because of Boyhood (which you should watch or FINISH IN SOME CASES).
2) The Giving Tree by Plain White T’s. It’s basically a lullaby. A very, very depressing lullaby.
3) Au Revoir by OneRepublic. One of the prettiest songs I’ve ever heard.
4) Step by Vampire Weekend. When I was in dance class some people danced to it. My group used the song Reflections, which I now hate because it’s pitchy and annoying (I mean I always disliked it but now I hate it). But this song is cool.
5) Some Nights by Fun. Other than the terrible, terrible T-Pain-like autotuned part of the song it’s totally awesome.
6) Pompeii by Bastille. Best listened to with headphones on. The sound travels from one ear to the other. It’s like magic.
7) I Lived by OneRepublic. A song to remind you to live. Which we all need. Because 99% of us are dead.
8) To Build A Home by The Cinematic Orchestra. It reminds me of Harry Potter. I cried. (If you don’t understand this reference watch Snape’s Diary.
9) Flightless Bird, American Mouth by Iron & Wine. It was in Twilight but I DONT CARE BECAUSE NOW IM A FAT HOUSE CAT NURSING MY SORE BLUNT TONGUE.
10) Rhythm of Love by Plain White T’s. It used to be my favorite song… That is back when I didn’t listen to music.
And now for some honorable mentions, aka the songs I like that I didn’t feel like adding a description for. There are a lot.
Demons by Imagine Dragons, On Top of the World by Imagine Dragons, Warriors by Imagine Dragons, Battle Cry by Imagine Dragons, Immortals by Fall Out Boy, Holiday by Green Day, Dirty Paws by Of Monsters and Men, Little Talks by Of Monsters and Men, Burning Bridges by OneRepublic, What You Wanted by OneRepublic, Beautiful Crime by Tamer, East of Eden by Zella Day, Drive By by Train, The a Team by Ed Sheeran, Sweater Weather by The Neighborhood, Running Up That Hill by Placebo, Ain’t It Fun by Paramore, Take A Walk by Passion Pit, Chasing Cars by Snow Patrol, Renegades by X Ambassadors
Wow this post was disorganized. WELL THATS WHAT COMES OUT OF WRITING THINGS IN A RUSH. Lesson learned: don’t procrastinate things. So go do your summer work bye.